Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day & Dancing

I read about the arrest at the Jefferson Memorial and watched the videos. Thank god there are so many cameras around to keep the police from employing excessively harsh tactics in dealing with peaceful protesters. Too bad we can't equip them with a working brain that can tell the difference between a public safety menace and people peacefully gathering to call attention to an issue. At any rate, just in case the Huffington Post moderators take exception to my post here it is...

I keep hearing, from conservatives and those who are happy sticking their heads in the sand enduring the status quo, that we should honor those in the military for defending our country and the rights we hold dear. I do salute those that take the orders, stand in harm’s way and that have served our country's ideals but I question whether they are just pawns being moved and sacrificed at the whims of business interest, oligarchs and politicians that willingly pay lip service to peace. There's been way too much warfare in my life time and way too little peacemaking - I wonder just how that would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment